Thank you for your interest in Thuya Poetry Review. Our spring submission window is now closed. The expected response time is about 3 months, but you may hear from us sooner. Check back soon for our winter submission window dates.
Please read all of the following policies carefully before submitting your work:
- Submit only one document per issue, containing up to, but no more than, 5 poems.
- Submissions should be formatted as a word document: .doc or .docx. Submissions not formatted in the way specified will not be considered. We will accept a .pdf but will need a .doc or .docx if accepted.
- Simultaneous submissions are allowed, but notify us immediately if your work is accepted elsewhere by adding a note on the submission.
- We only consider previously unpublished work. Work that has appeared elsewhere, including social media posts, is not accepted.
- Submissions are only accepted through submittable.com
- Thuya Poetry Review acquires first serial rights and non-exclusive reprint rights. Publication rights return to the author post-publication.
- We pride ourselves as being one of a small group of journals that does not require a submission fee.
- We pay our contributors. Compensation will likely be nominal—we are, after all, a non-profit—our budget is contingent upon donations received, which varies annually, and therefore so does the pay-scale. If your work is accepted, we will disclose the projected payment amount in the notification.
- We pay contributors via PayPal, Venmo, or Check.
- If you would like to donate to Thuya Poetry Review, visit the donation page.
As a non-profit organization, Thuya Poetry Review depends on charitable donations. For each donation made, poetry comes online and into print for the first time. Thank you for supporting the literary community.